To create a vibrant local and regional business climate for the economic and social benefit of the people of Campbell River and value for shareholders of the Corporation.
We seek to create, support, and enhance sustainable* economic development and growth within Campbell River.
*Sustainable in this context refers to environmental, socio-cultural and economic stability.
To be a driving force behind economic development in our region by:
- Facilitating communication and the creation of partnerships between the city, investors and developers to encourage the development of new projects and maintain and improve existing businesses and infrastructure
- Supporting the creation and dissemination of relevant and timely information necessary for the success and promotion of regional economic opportunities
- Advising and assisting the City of Campbell River on necessary by-law and regulatory changes needed to stimulate targeted economic development opportunities
- Supporting the marketing and promotion of the community and region
- Attracting and leveraging projects, market and economic development funds and partnerships that can assist in furthering the above stated goals
Current Sector Specific Areas
Current sector priorities include, but are not limited to:
- Retail, Information and Financial Services – focus on creating a vibrant downtown core of complementary businesses that attract developers and residents to the city centre as well as serving as a regional hub
- Transportation System – advocating the development of integrated air, land and sea for the region, based on goals, this may include a runway expansion
- Renewable Energy Technology – supporting the green energy development in the region
- Resource Extraction and Manufacturing – facilitate the retention and reinvention of the forestry, fisheries and mining sectors in our region by promoting new uses for our core resources
- Tourism – support a sustainable tourism sector by advocating for a performance based funding model and supporting integrated tourism initiatives
- We believe in helping the community realize a desired economic future
- We believe that economic development facilitates job and wealth creation
- We believe in partnering with others to mobile available resources
- We believe in working to ensure the maintenance and improvement of key elements of the community’s social infrastructure including health, education, culture and a balance of interest with the environment
- We believe in retaining and improving the community’s quality of life
- We believe in promoting understanding of economic development
- Prosperity - We focus on initiatives to create positive growth trends resulting in new investment and employment opportunities.
- Drive Innovation - We are an empowering organization that supports and encourages the imagination of residents and investors.
- Commitment - We focus on business policies and practices that sustain economic development and services.
- Responsiveness - We rapidly respond to the demands of an economy and business climate that changes instantaneously.
- Resourcefulness - We can identify and access sources of venture capital and other resources for investments that support our economic development goals.
- Create Transparency - We openly share information, knowledge and publish goals, objectives and timelines.
- Strategically Engaged - We consider long-term needs and benefits through analysis, creativity and unbiased views.
- Accountability - We use a system of reporting and visible communication methods in maintaining accountability to Council and taxpayers.
- Inclusiveness - Our development, targets and actions are built through partnerships with established, successful community business people.